Concordance, text analysis and concordancing software, is for anyone who needs to study texts closely or analyse language in depth.
'It really has saved us days of work - possibly weeks' - A psychologist
"What a blast to look at documents in a light never seen before!" - A geoscientist
"The doyen of concordance programs" - Tim Nott, Personal Computer World
Concordance's main screen - click to enlarge
With Concordance, you can ...
- analyse electronic text
- make word lists, indexes, and full concordances
- count word frequencies
- list all usages of a word and see each within its context
- find keywords, phrases and idioms
- gain insights into meaning
- discover a writer's stylistic traits
- publish results to the web - see The Web Concordances
- ...and much more besides.
Concordance is being used in ...
- Language teaching and learning
- Data mining and data clean-up
- Literary and linguistic scholarship
- Translation and language engineering
- Corpus linguistics
- Natural language software development
- Content analysis in accountancy, medicine, history, marketing, musicology, politics, geography, media studies and many other fields.